-
December 29th, 2005, 05:21 PM
#1
Inactive Member
My friend just sent me a link to an article about American Girl in today's New York Times titled "A Dress-Up Doll for Retro Girls (Scram, Barbie)." While there are some snide academic writer comments (that I feel are trying to be witty and I think fail miserably then again I'm not for one to enter witty comments into writing) I think it's a cute article that addresses a lot of things that get addressed on this board like dolls like Barbie and Bratz trying to make girls grow up too fast. My favorite part is when they call Felicity protofeminist. Here's the link for those who want to read it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/29/fa....html?emc=eta1
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 11:42 PM: Message edited by: The Brightly Colored Moth ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks